This summer our Church Family Campout will be at Farragut State Park in the Scott Group Camping Area. Everyone is invited – plan to bring your friends and family and let us know how many to expect by registering! The dates for our campout are August 30 – September 2, 2019 (Friday through Labor Day Monday).
Schedule: You are welcome to enjoy camping in the way you prefer, but there will be a few things scheduled that we would invite you to participate in. Even if you don’t choose to camp overnight, you are welcome to spend each day with the group.
Friday, August 30
2:00 – 6:00 pm – Check-in time
7:00 – 8:00 pm – Group Worship
Sabbath, August 31
10:00 – 11:00 am – Interactive Family Activity (for all ages!)
11:00 am – 12:00 pm – Worship Program
12:30 pm – Haystack Potluck Lunch
1:30 – 6:00 pm – Family Fellowship Time
6:00 – 7:00 pm – Group Worship
7:00 – 10:00 pm – Social Time
Sunday, September 1
9:00 – 10:00 am – Group Worship
10:00 am – 7:00 pm – Family Fellowship Time
7:00 – 8:00 pm – Group Worship
Monday, September 2 (Labor Day – no school!)
1:00 pm – Check-out time
Chris Terry is a businessman from Spangle, WA. Chris has worked in the past at Camp MiVoden, in the Upper Columbia Conference Youth Department, and as a youth pastor in Kettering, Ohio. Through those experiences, he has become passionate about sharing his love for Jesus with others, especially young people, in practical ways that reach their hearts.
He and his wife, Jessica, have two children, Bell and Ollie. They are active members of the Spokane South Hill Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Day-use: No fee!
Please register whether you’re camping or only coming for the day.
Note: There is a $5 motor vehicle permit fee per vehicle you must purchase ahead of time or upon entry to the State Park unless you have it included with your vehicle registration. It is your responsibility to get this permit; the church does not collect this fee.
– Our campground is the Scott Group Campground.
– Tents and RVs are all welcome. There will be a new tent pad and some more defined RV parking spaces.
– Drinking water is available on-site, but there are no hook-ups for RVs.
– A $5.00 Motor Vehicle Entrance Fee is required for every vehicle entering Idaho State Parks (including visitors to campers). It is your responsibility to purchase this ahead of time or as you enter Farragut State Park at the Visitor Center or immediately after you turn off Highway 54 to N Road.
– Pets are allowed in our campsite area on a leash. Pets are not allowed on beaches except in designated areas. Please make sure to clean up after pets.
– Campfires are allowed in designated areas only. (Hopefully it won’t be too dry for campfires!)
– Pit toilets and drinking water are available on-site. Showers are available at Beaver Bay Swim Area.
– The site has horseshoe pits and a volleyball net.
– For more information about Farragut State Park, click here.
From Highway 95 at Athol, go east on Highway 54 for 4 miles. Proceed through the traffic circle past the Park Visitor Center and turn left on N Road. Go about 700 feet and turn right on Monaghan Road. Go one mile and the entrance to the Scott Group Campground will be on your left.